- 1. I’ve forgotten my password. What do I do?
- 2. What configuration is required for proper operation of the IFcinéma player?
- 3. What is the minimum Internet access speed for proper operation of the IFcinéma player?
- 4. What equipment do I need for film screening?
- 5. How can I free up space on my computer?
- 6. Who do I contact in case of a problem?
- 7. Do you wish to propose subtitles for a film?
1. I’ve forgotten my password. What do I do?
If you forget your password, click on the "connection" button on the upper right-hand corner of the homepage and on the link "Forgot your password?" in the lower left-hand corner of the login popup. You will be sent an e-mail to reset your password.
2. What configuration is required for proper operation of the IFcinéma player?
It is recommended to have a computer that is less than two years old for proper operation of the IFcinéma player.
Computer (PC / Mac)
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer updated in their latest version
PC - Windows
- 2.33 GHz x86-compatible processor or faster or 1.6 GHz Intel AtomTM processor or faster for the netbooks
- Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
Mac - OS
- 1.83 GHz Intel® Core™ Duo processor or faster
- Mac OS X v10.7 or above
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
LinuxThe IFcinéma player is not Linux-compatible.
iPad and iPad mini
- For iOS 7 and subsequent versions
- Version 4.3 and subsequent versions
- Given the variety of Android tablet models available, make sure that yours is powerful enough for playing videos. Here are some examples of compatible tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Sony Xperia Z2, and HTC Nexus 9.
3. What is the minimum Internet access speed for proper operation of the IFcinéma player?
The minimum speed required for film streaming is 1.5 MB/s.
The slower or busier your Internet connection (sharing only one connection for several computers), the longer it will take to download a film.
The time to download a film may vary from a few minutes to several days, depending on the speed and quality of your connection as well as the film length and format selected (SD or HD).
4. What equipment do I need for film screening?
- For larger audiences (more than 200 seats), a Full HD 1080p projector
- For smaller audiences, HD 720p or standard projector
Do check to make sure that your video projector and computer are compatible.
- For PC’s less than 2 years old: HDMI connector.
- For PC’s more than 2 years old: check to see whether it has a VGA or HDMI connector. Use a compatible video projector.
- For MAC: use a Mini DisplayPort adapter for an HDMI connection and a VDI adapter for a VGA connection, depending on your video projector.
5. How can I free up space on my computer?
The films you have downloaded are saved on your computer.
To delete films still on the IFcinéma player (downloaded less than 30 days ago), click on the trash/recycle bin symbol.
Films no longer visible on the IFcinéma player (downloaded more than 30 days ago) still remain on your computer. Identify the location of the file in which the films have been saved by clicking on "Modify the parameters" button. The file path will then appear.
Locate this file via Explorer (PC)/Finder (Mac), where all the film files can be found. The name of each file is made up of a sequence of figures ending in VO or VF. Then, delete the films you have selected.
6. Who do I contact in case of a problem?
Should you encounter any difficulty, contact our technical support department by clicking on the "?" then "Help" button.
Fill in the form from the computer you use to screen IFcinéma films.
Our technical support department will reply by e-mail as quickly as possible.