GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. GENERAL STATEMENTS
The mission of the Institut français, operator of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development for cultural action outside of France, is to promote the French language and culture all over the world, particularly through its network of French cultural institutions abroad (SCAC, Instituts français, Alliances françaises) and its partners.
IFcinéma offers members of the French Cultural Network and its partners a selection of films available via streaming or downloading for the organization of non-commercial public screenings, provided they commit to complying with these General Terms and Conditions of Use.
It being indicated that:
The Institut français may regularly update and amend these General Terms and Conditions of Use without having to previously notify the user accordingly.
The version of the General Terms and Conditions of Use to prevail is the one that appears on the www.ifcinema.institutfrancais.com website on the date it has been downloaded by the user.
In these conditions, we ask users to check the www.ifcinema.institutfrancais.com website regularly to be informed of any changes brought to the General Terms and Conditions of Use.
2. IFCINÉMA OPERATING PROCEDURES
a. Customer Service
For any information, claim or question, the user shall be able to contact the Technical Support and Assistance Department by clicking on "Help".
The user's request will be examined as quickly as possible.
b. operating requirements for downloaded programs
By virtue of the technical control measures implemented for the programs provided by IFcinéma, the user shall only be able to operate the latter in the following conditions:
- - Downloading and/or viewing by streaming the program(s)
- - Viewing the program(s) from the computer (PC/MAC) or mobile device (Android/IPad tablet) from which the order has been placed
- - Unlimited viewing of program(s) for a period of 30 (thirty) days from the date the first playing session has been launched
- The user undertakes not to download a program(s) for purposes other than for non-commercial public screenings within the scope of the cultural actions provided by the institutions of its network and its partners.
c. Intellectual Property
The names "Institut français", "IF" and "IFcinéma" and their related logos are brands that are the property of the Institut français and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development.
All the elements that make up IFcinéma, particularly the programs, texts, illustrations, sounds, images, whether fixed or animated, are protected by copyright as well as by intellectual property, all over the world.
In this aim, and in accordance with the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code:
- - Only non-commercial screenings organized by the French Cultural Network or its partners shall be authorized.
- - Any reproduction, whether total or partial, of an element of IFcinéma shall be strictly forbidden.
- - The user undertakes not to modify, transfer, sell or distribute in any way whatsoever an element present on IFcinéma, particularly the programs.
c. Liability - Guarantees
It is to be expressly understood that the Institut français cannot, in any way whatsoever, be held liable for any damage undergone by the user and/or any third party as a result of:
- - Any technical incompatibility between the program(s) ordered by the user and the latter’s computer hardware
- - Any unavailability or malfunction of one of IFcinéma, for any reason whatsoever
- - Any unavailability or malfunction of one of the programs appearing on IFcinéma, for any reason whatsoever
- - Consequences due to a virus
- - Any case of force majeure as defined in the rulings and decisions of the judges of the Cour de Cassation (Supreme Court of Appeal).
IFcinéma reserves the right to modify or interrupt IFcinéma (all or part of the latter) temporarily or definitively at any time whatsoever with or without having to notify the user in advance.
The user hereby acknowledges that the Institut français shall not be held responsible for any modification, suppression or interruption of IFcinéma with regard to the user or any other party.
The user shall be solely and fully responsible for all actions undertaken by way of connection using the ID and password corresponding to his account.
The user shall be solely and fully responsible for any use made of IFcinéma, and shall not incur the liability of the Institut français in case of any loss, deterioration or technical damage likely to alter his computer equipment.
e. Personal Data
Registration data, and more generally all nominative information collected for the purpose of using IFcinéma, shall be processed in accordance with the provisions of Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to computing, files and liberties.
The user is entitled to a right of access, correction and deletion of personal data concerning him. To exercise your rights, contact the Institut français, 8-14 rue du Capitaine Scott, 75015 Paris or by e-mail, email@example.com.
Any personal data conveyed by the user are intended for the Institut français and shall not be divulged to third parties unless compelled to do so by legal provision.
The Institut français reserves the right to delete accounts not accessed by users for over one year as well as all the data contained therein.
The user shall be able to unsubscribe from the IFcinéma newsletter at any time by accessing his ‘‘Profile’’ or by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each newsletter.
The user must declare having read in full and accepted these General Terms and Conditions of Use at the time of his registration on the website, before first using IFcinéma.
g. Applicable Law - Dispute
These General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by French Law. In the case of a dispute, the Courts of Paris shall be solely competent to rule in the matter.
The www.ifcinema.institutfrancais.com website has been properly declared to the CNIL (Commission Nationale Informatique et Liberté française) under Declaration No. 1762033.
IFcinéma is offered to you by the Institut français.